Yes, I’m sorry to hear it; he was a good man,
your husband. Reminds me of when my dog died:
he died of a heart attack, too. At least that’s
what the vet said: his old ticker just gave out.
I was so sad for so long; the grief is just
overwhelming—you kind of get used to
having them around. I cried all the way back
from the vet’s. Carried him home in a cardboard
box. Dug a grave for him out in the flower garden.
Next to you, he was about the best friend I ever
had: always ready to go for a walk, sit at my
feet,warn me if somebody was at the door.
Man, even fetch my slippers when I sat down.
Sorry, must be something got in my eye.
It’s a terrible thing when a pet dies, I don’t
know if I’ll ever get over it. It just leaves a gap
that nothing can fill. So, I’ll see you at the funeral?
Find a post
Favourite Posts Chosen by Viewers
- Welcome to wordcurrents (1506)
- Green (1343)
- in her defense (1334)
- Writing with a cat on my lap (1308)
- Don't Mumble (1240)
- Skin (1237)
- Splish-splash (1234)
- wait for it (1210)
- At a Window Looking Out (1196)
- Waiting for the woe (886)
- That Story (706)
- Getting to Know You (690)
- Doorways (512)
- Review: 7 Important Things by Nadia Ross and George Acheson (376)
- Review: Greenwich Meantime at Murphy’s Inn (364)
- . . . in the mi — (351)
- hesi— (339)
- Review: The Drawer Boy by Michael Healey (329)
- Old Wife’s Tale (327)
- Boston Legal — Ex-English Teacher Leaking Out . . . . (302)
Popular Posts in the past 10 days
Saving Your Favourites
If you click on the title of a post, you will be taken to the archive copy of the text, where there are many options:
"Print this post" -- creates a printable screen
"Add to Favourites" -- See below
"Related Posts" -- other posts that are in some way similar
"(Visited N times)" -- Started Jan 5, 2010
If you click "Add to Favourites", the software sets a cookie on your device. This cookie is quite harmless; however, it saves a list of your favourite posts on this site. Up to 99 of your favourites will appear on your computer only, in the list to the right, on the device that has the cookie. Note that favourites saved on one device will not be favourites on others, and that clearing your cookies will clear that particular device's list.
I am not sure about this, but the favourites list should work, even if you are not a subscriber. I know that it does work for subscribers.
Most popular posts since I installed this feature in 2010
- Technorati link here 69,636 views
- Review: the comedy of err... 55,398 views
- Welcome to wordcurrents 48,522 views
- wordcurrents Guest Book 47,559 views
- Riverwriter 33,000 views
- Review: Talking With... 30,283 views
- Review: Scorched by Wajdi... 29,902 views
- About riverwriter 27,806 views
- Contact riverwriter 25,984 views
- Review: Tempting Providen... 21,162 views